We’ve never made a big deal or really celebrated Pioneer Day before. But one of my goals this year was to help the kids grow closer to our extended families and I think that feeling a little connection to their pioneer ancestors, with some pioneer day activities, is a good way to do that. So, today we’ll be celebrating Pioneer Day!
- We’re going to make butter to eat on homemade biscuits for lunch.
- We’ll try pulling our own taffy.
- We’ll tell a few pioneer stories.
- We’ll learn the song Come, Come Ye Saints.
- We’ll make a Pioneer toy.
- We’ll have our annual backyard camp out tonight.
Are you doing anything to celebrate?