Here’s days 19-21 of the Clutter Free Challenge!
Day 19: Children’s Paperwork/Artwork
My older kids are the only ones concerned with keeping their artwork so far. But even with just 2, I found it getting overwhelming! I gave each of them a binder to keep their favorite artwork pages in. It’s worked pretty well and every time that they pile something onto the counters I remind them that if they want to keep it, it needs to go into their binder. Today was a good day to clean through the binders a little bit and get the things hole punched that were in the pockets.
Day 20: Kids’ Bathroom Day & 21: Laundry & Linen Closet
The way our house is set up, the linen closet is a small closet in the kids’ bathroom. There wasn’t much clutter around the bathroom itself – just a potty training seat that was still out that’s not being used anymore and needed a good scrubbing and to be stored away under the sink plus a few items in the medicine cabinet to toss out. My big area of clutter is that linen closet. It was “mostly” well organized but had one shelf that needed to be completely emptied and reconfigured.
- There was a basket I had used for the twins’ diapers and since they’re now potty trained I was able to re-purpose it to hold the swimming suits.
- I use one of those plastic storage container with holes in it for the bath toys – got rid of a few of those that were looking moldy inside.
- I keep a basket on the floor under the shelves for our dirty towels.
- I used hospital tubs (free containers!) to organize my girls’ headbands & another one for small items like petroleum jelly, sunscreen, etc – I threw out a bunch of things. Why did I have so many little bottles of baby oil when I never use the stuff?
- All shampoos and lotions were lined up on the side of a shelf so I can easily see what I have and when I’m running low.
- Cleaning products that are used in the bathroom were put on the top shelf.
- My sister in law made the awesome bow holder that hangs on the back of the door and is a great way to keep those organized and easy to see.
The rest of day 21: Laundry & Linen Closet
When we moved in, the previous owners left this great laundry setup. They have two white cubby shelves sitting on top of the standard over the laundry shelf. I keep a lot of my cleaning products here and have containers for cleaning cloths, etc. But the top of my washer and dryer had become a catch-all so I put all of those things away, wiped down surfaces, and got rid of a few cleaning products that I won’t use and we’re just taking up space. Don’t you just love my chevron boxes? I got those at Lowes a couple of years ago; some pretty containers always help a space!
Leave a Reply