One of my favorite Christmas desserts! Serve topped with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Write a review
- 1/2 cup butter, slightly softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup molasses
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1 cup hot water
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 Tbs butter, cut into 1 Tbs pieces
- Beat together 1/2 cup butter, 1/2 cup sugar, egg, and molasses.
- Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, salt, and cloves and mix until blended. Pour 1 cup hot water over the top and mix until smooth.
- Pour into greased 9x13 pan.
- Mix brown sugar, 3/4 cup sugar, 6 Tbs butter with hands and sprinkle chunks on top of batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
- Serve topped with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Kim At Home http://www.kimathome.com/