I love a good General Conference packet for the kids. But what about a printable packet for all the moms? Something that will help us to record our spiritual impressions and the counsel that we receive and then, here’s the kicker, to actually ACT on it . . . to move ahead in the next 6 months so that when conference rolls around again, we’ll feel good looking back on how we spent the time.I was feeling this exact need 6 months ago, and was inspired to create something for myself that would do exactly those things. And with how much I loved using it, I wanted to make it available to anyone else who might be looking for something similar.
You can take the printables and figure out your own system that works for you. But I also wanted to share exactly how I use them and maybe that will help you get started, too.
How I use these printables:
- I come to general conference with any questions that I have, having prayed and prepared the best that I can in my current abilities.
- I come to the sessions with a composition notebook, a pen, and a highlighter.
- As I listen, I take notes: things I hear that I want to remember, things we are counseled to do, quotes that I love, but most importantly, inspiration that comes to me, personally of how to put what I’m hearing into action, how to apply it to my life.
- I found that the inspiration usually comes in one of 3 topics: things/people to pray for, things to teach (my children, in my case, but this could also apply to a calling, etc), things to do/act on. These are the most important notes I write down.
- Next, I highlight all my inspirations of how I will apply the talks to my life. Sometimes I do this when each talk is over and sometimes I go back and do it all at once at the end of conference.
- I write down each item that I am inspired to act on on the printable sheets: Inspired to pray for, Inspired to act, Inspired to teach.
- Optional, but fun: I use the 2 quote pages to jot down my favorite quotes to have easy access to.
- And most importantly, I put them in a binder by my bed and set a time to regularly review these printables: first thing every morning, right before bed, on Sundays, etc.
You can get the printable as a free gift for signing up for my newsletter right here:
Please make lots of copies for yourself, every conference time, if it works well for you. And feel free to share a link right back here to anyone else that you think could benefit from these printables, instead of just sharing the file with them.
I hope you have a great General Conference weekend!