Twice baked potatoes are a favorite around here. Add a salad or some yummy roasted veggies and you’ve got a great meal. Load them up with all your favorite potato toppings, sprinkle some cheese on top or get creative with how you make them. This is how we do them at our house. They freeze best before the second cooking time so if you want to make a large batch to feed your family for more than one meal, freeze the portion you’ll be saving for later after you’ve filled the skins and before you cook them.
Twice Baked Potatoes
Write a review
- 8 russet potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cubed ham or 1/2 lb crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 1/2 cups cheese
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Wash the potatoes and prick each one with a fork in 3 different places. Place on the rack of a cold oven and turn the temperature to 400 degrees for about one hour or until a fork will easily pierce the potatoes. Remove from the oven using an oven mit or tongs.
- Once removed from the oven, cut the potatoes in half, lengthwise, being careful not to burn yourself. Then let them cool for about 10 minutes before scooping out the potato insides, leaving the skins intact.
- Combine potato insides with all other ingredients and mix with a hand mixer until thoroughly combined. Then refill the potato skins with the potato mixture.
- Put filled potato skins in a baking dish and return to the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Kim At Home https://www.kimathome.com/
Leave a Reply